Sunday, June 15, 2008

VIEW MY COMPLETE CAT PROFILE



Welcome to a totally non-informational and lacking in cat facts page!

This is all about my cats and I thought to invite you into our family.
This presentation will be in chronological order, so lets start with my very first pair of adoptees.

During this time we were living in California, and my chiropractors receptionist begged me to take in a little kitten that she couldn’t take care of herself. She explained it was an orange boy and begged me to talk to my family and think it over. I immediately had to tell her: “NO, absolutely impossible”, as I was then doing commercial illustration and could not have tiny paw prints on my drawings.

As I told my family, they reminded me that just the previous night I had a very vivid dream about an orange kitty cat, which I absolutely was in love with! My wife (the soft spot that she is) proclaimed it was meant to be and promised she would take on the feeding, care, vet visits, what training could be done, and especially the kitty litter.

Next week when I entered my doctor’s office, kitty-carrier in hand, the receptionist absolutely glowed as she, too, had predicted my saying yes. There was only one tiny little bitty problem: the boy cat had a twin sister and they were devoted and dependent upon each other. Could I take both?

A quick phone call and my wife resigned herself to take on the pair.
So Andy and Candy started to share their lives with us. They may have been “twins”, but Oh Boy, they were different. Candy was silver gray, very demure, much smaller in size, with white socks and pleading green eyes. Andy was rambunctious and as wild as young boys can be, always in trouble.

Candy would hardly eat unless we were nearby and she had assurance she could eat in peace. Andy, on the other hand, rarely ate out of his food bowl, but preferred to scavenge for his food. Until I figured a way to prevent this, every morning our kitchens garbage plastic bag was overturned and its contents spread all over the floor. It was like living with house raccoons! He always brought in his kills into our living room carpet and we got accustomed to the little field mouse or sparrow; once he actually got a seagull (they are larger than you think!) and there was feathers and blood everywhere – signs of a struggle no doubt – or maybe merely cat “play”. What a mess!

Since my articles are about older cats, I will get on with it and tell about my other friends and what happened to everyone in a later chapter.

Next will be a proper article about Health Changes in Aging Cats here in How to Live with Aging Cats.

I hope to hear from you. Please email me at 1catnap@gmail.com


.

No comments: